PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
The Estate of Barry Flanagan is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Estate of Barry Flanagan may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 08/08/2013.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and occupation
- contact information including email address
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Information from cookies
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve the website and its functionality.
- We may use the information for administration purposes
- We may use the information for research purposes
- We may periodically send emails about news, projects, events and other information which think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Session cookies which allows the website to remember what list you were looking at previously so that one can scroll through the list by clicking next or previous rather than having to navigate via the list. These cookies are deleted when the user leaves the website.
- We may use persistent cookies to recognize your computer. These could for example be used in the case where you only need to see a popup once. The website would be able to recognize if you have seen the popup already or not.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously subscribed to the newsletter you may change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the newsletter.
- By changing the settings on your browser to not accept cookies
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Meckers LTD, unit 5b, 1 Fawe Street, London E14 6PD.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The Estate of Barry Flanagan